The Electronics Shop provides project development and instrument repair as well as consulting, design, prototyping, fabrication and repair services for faculty, students and staff. When necessary, our electronics staff work collaboratively with colleagues in mechanical and/or glassblowing service groups to provide cross-functional solutions.
Equipment repair functions and operations are performed to discrete component board, subsystem and system-level on custom and/or modified equipment.
Examples of equipment commonly repaired by our staff include:
- environmental chambers
- ovens and incubators
- orbital shakers
- power supplies, millimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, dynamometers and three phase power distribution equipment
ASU’s Glassblowing Facility provides highly specialized support for ASU and non-ASU researchers. Services include the design, construction and maintenance of sophisticated glass apparatus and glass high vacuum systems.
The Glassblowing Facility offers:
- development of custom prototype glass apparatus using state-of-the-art materials and techniques
- glass working machinery allowing seals of up to 150mm borosilicate and 100mm quartz
- upgraded annealing capabilities
- specialized cutting and grinding equipment
- repair of broken glassware
- a large inventory of in-stock materials with the capability to order non-stock items quickly
Walk-in consultation hours:
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Bateman Physical Science Building - Room D239
Contact: Christine Roeger, Glassblowing Facility Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 480-965-3503
ASU’s full-service machine shop offers mechanical design, prototyping and fabrication services. Specialties include the production and support of quality prototypes and instrumentation for ASU scientists and researchers as well as for non-ASU customers.
We are able to fabricate your custom project and specialize in:
- wire EDM machining
- computer aided design (CAD) and reverse engineering of existing parts
- 3-D printing and rapid prototyping (metals and plastics)
- 3-D scanning
- sheet metal fabrication
- ultra-high vacuum chamber design
- welding fabrication and plasma cutting
- vacuum pump repair
Self-service machine shop
The self-service shop is available to ASU affiliates from all departments for ASU research and ASU-related projects only.
- manual milling machines
- manual engine lathes
- vertical band saw
- brake for bending sheet metal
- sheer for cutting sheet metal
- drill press
- bench grinders
- belt sander
- rotary hole punch
- sand blaster
Please review the rules and guidelines for shop use.
Contact: email@example.com | 480-965-3300