Calculators and reference
Several design software packages are available to ASU students, faculty and staff. These are particularly useful for our self-service machine shop users.
This is a short list of the most popular software available. Due to licensing restrictions, not all software will be available to all users. Individual use and access will vary.
- AutoDesk for Education (3-D design and engineering software)
- Cadence (Cadence design software plays an important role in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Departments)
- HSMWorks (Software for machining from a solid model)
- LabVIEW CORE (For science and engineering systems. LabVIEW Tools Network is used to accelerate productivity and expand the power of your software through certified, NI and third-party add-ons. Install LabVIEW Core first before all other LabVIEW apps.)
- Matlab 2016a Faculty/Staff (Control and simulation software for engineering systems.)
- Matlab 2016a Student
- Matlab 2017a
- Matlab 2017b
- Matlab 2018a
- Solid Edge (3D design and engineering software)
- SolidWorks (3D design, solid modeling and engineering drawing software)
- JAWS 17 (JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer apps on your PC.)
- 7 Zip (Zip program to control large files)