If you would like to discuss your project needs related to electronics and machining services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-3300 to schedule a free consultation.
For consultation on glassblowing services please contact Christine Roeger, Glassblowing Facility Manager, at email@example.com or 480-965-3503.
Alternatively, you may also stop by our facilities to discuss your project:
Electronics and machining
Hours: Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Research Support Services Building 1, Room 101
Hours: Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.; Wednesday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Bateman Physical Science Building - Room D239
Submit a service request
Go to the iLab home page and follow the instructions to create an account. Once you have created an account, you can submit your request using the appropriate links below.
- For a machining or electrical request, to to the Machine and Electrical Shop page. For a glassblowing request, go to the Glassblowing Facility page.
- If you are not signed in, do so using the button on the top right of the page.
- Click on the “Request a Job” (or "Request Glasswork") tab at the top right of the page.
- Click on the “request service” button. Fill out and submit the request form that appears.
Self-service machine shop use
To request self-service machine shop training and access:
- Complete the EH&S Machine Shop Safety Course.
- Review the IDF self-service machine shop rules and guidelines.
- Complete the request form.
- Contact the IDF Core Facility to enroll in the required Introduction to Metalworking Class (requires 20 to 24 hours of shop time).
- Complete the machine shop project assigned in class.
- Upon completion, you will receive Sun Card access to the facility from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing excellent service to all customers including our non-ASU industry partners. Here is what you can expect upon contacting us for assistance:
- Within 24 hours of your inquiry, one of our expert staff will contact you to evaluate your needs and discuss options. Consultations and project evaluations are provided free-of-charge.
- If we are able to meet your needs, we will ask you to submit a project request through our online portal (iLab). This will allow us to generate a quote and hold your place in the work queue.
- Upon acceptance of the quote, your project will be assigned to the appropriate team of experts.
- You will receive status updates as your project progresses through our workflow.
- If your project requires design, you will be provided with an opportunity to review and approve design plans before we proceed.
- Upon completion, you will be automatically notified via email and we will work with you to arrange pickup or delivery.
- We will follow up with you to ensure we have met your project requirements and service expectations.