The Health and Clinical Research Services core facility in downtown Phoenix is available to assist with:
- Anthropometric Measurements (height, weight, waist and hip circumference).
- Body Composition Assessment - DXA or BIA with a Tanita scale.
- Bone Density Assessment (DXA).
- Cardiac Output and Hemodynamic Monitoring - Physioflow.
- Cardiopulmonary/ECG Exercise Testing.
- Cardiovascular Ultrasound Assessment – Echocardiogram.
- Flow Mediated Dilation(FMD) Ultrasound Assessment.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound.
- Noninvasive Central blood pressure waveform analysis.
- Noninvasive Carotid-femoral pulse wave velocity measurements for arterial stiffness.
- Physiological research studies.
- Body composition research.
- Cardiac research.
- Metabolic research.
- Density measurements.
We also have the capability to perform cardiovascular monitoring, as well as measurements of biomechanics, muscle strength, endurance and adaptive exercise training. Health and Clinical Research Services provides access to an impressive array of research laboratory equipment including metabolic measurement systems, integrated motion monitor system, isokinetic and isometric dynamometers, cycle ergometers, high performance treadmills, noninvasive central arterial pressure waveform analyzers, ultrasound units with cardiovascular, musculoskeletal and general ultrasound imaging capabilities.