What is iLab?
Implemented at ASU in 2013, iLab Operations Software is a modular web-based software tool designed to connect ASU’s shared resource facilities to those in need of their services. Features include:
- Calendars for reserving resources
- Time and cost tracking against projects
- Managing on-hand inventory
- Invoicing both internal and external customer accounts
iLab also enhances spending authority and transparency for ASU Principal Investigators and Department Managers prior to both requesting services and posting charges to ASU funds.
What is my role in iLab?
You are an ASU Researcher if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a member of an ASU research group / lab, class, or are a staff member of a facility who needs services provided by an ASU core facility
- You are not an authorized accountant or financial manager on an ASU account
You are an External Researcher if you meet the following criteria:
- You need services provided by an ASU core facility, but will not use an internal ASU account for payment
- You are from another university, a non-profit organization, company, for-profit organization, an independent user, or you are an ASU researcher with funds not managed through an ASU account
You are an ASU PI if you meet the following criteria:
- You lead an ASU research group / lab, class, or facility and are responsible for monitoring the spending and activities of your group
- You are the Principal Investigator of an ASU-managed sponsored award, start-up funding, ASU gift account, etc.
You are an ASU Department Manager if you meet the following criteria:
- You are an authorized accountant or financial manager on an ASU account
- You reconcile spending and/or assist in spending approvals for ASU accounts
How do I use this site?
Determine your best-fit role in iLab, then click to view the navigation tips, guides, and FAQs related to that role.
What if I cannot find the answer I need here?
Follow the instructions if your issue is related to one of the following: