Calculators and reference
Several design software packages are available to ASU faculty, staff and student research lab workers. These are particularly useful for our Self-Service Machine Shop users.
This is a short list of the most popular software available. Due to licensing restrictions, not all software will be available to all users. Individual use and access will vary.
- AutoDesk for Education (3-D design and engineering software)
- HSMWorks (Software for machining from a solid model, requires Inventor or SolidWorks)
- SolidWorks (3D design, solid modeling and engineering drawing software)
- 7 Zip (Zip program to control large files)
Materials and tools sources
- MatWeb (Material properties reference)
Below are some of the typical resources used to obtain materials & tools needed during the manufacturing design and machining process.
- Allied Electronics & Automation
- Digi-key Electronics
- Harvey Tool
- Industrial Metal Supply
- Iscar Metalworking Tools
- Jameco Electronics
- Mouser Electronics
- Online Metals
- Port Plastics
- Professional Plastics
- The Tool Crib