Self-Service Machine Shop use
To request Self-Service Machine shop training and access:
- Complete the EH&S Machine Shop Safety Course.
- Review the IDF Self-Service Machine Shop rules and guidelines.
- Schedule your training here - Self-Service Machine Shop Training Schedule.
- Contact the IDF Core Facility to enroll in the required Introduction to Metalworking Class (requires 20 to 24 hours of shop time).
- Complete the machine shop project assigned in class.
Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing excellent service to all customers including our non-ASU industry partners. Here is what you can expect upon contacting us for assistance:
- Within 24 hours of your inquiry, one of our expert staff will contact you to evaluate your needs and discuss options. Consultations and project evaluations are provided free-of-charge.
- If we are able to meet your needs, we will ask you to submit a project request through our online portal (iLab). This will allow us to generate a quote and hold your place in the work queue.
- Upon acceptance of the quote, your project will be assigned to the appropriate team of experts.
- You will receive status updates as your project progresses through our workflow.
- If your project requires design, you will be provided with an opportunity to review and approve design plans before we proceed.
- Upon completion, you will be automatically notified via email and we will work with you to arrange pickup or delivery.
- We will follow up with you to ensure we have met your project requirements and service expectations.