ASU’s full-service Machine Shop provides project design and development services over a wide range mechanical design, prototyping and fabrication services. Specialties include consulting along with the production and support of quality prototypes and instrumentation to fulfill specialized research projects.
Our highly specialized staff can assist in manufacturing your custom project and specialize in a wide variety of machining equipment and processes. Our shop utilizes equipment from several manufacturers such as Atlas Copco, Betenbender, Bridgeport, Brown and Sharp, Clausing, Di-Arco, DoAll, Edwards, Fanuc, Grizzly, Haas, Hardinge, Miller, Mitutoyo, National, Ocean Technologies, Proto Trak, Schaublin and Sharp.
Several examples of equipment and processes are below:
- 2 ½ - 5 axis CNC mills
- CNC lathes
- EDM drill
- Manual mills and lathes
- TIG welding
- Plasma cutting
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Wire EDM machining
- CAD - computer aided design using SolidWorks and other platforms such as Fusion 360 and Inventor
- CAM – computer aided manufacturing using HSMWorks, FeatureCam and SolidWorks cam programming platforms
- 3-D printing, scanning and rapid prototyping (metals and plastics)
- Ultra-high vacuum chamber design, manufacturing and helium leak check detection to 10-12 Torr
- Vacuum pump rebuilding and maintenance available