Calculators and reference
Several design software packages are available to ASU students, faculty and staff. These are particularly useful for our self-service machine shop users.
This is a short list of the most popular software available. Due to licensing restrictions, not all software will be available to all users. Individual use and access will vary.
- AutoDesk for Education (3-D design and engineering software)
- Cadence Cadence design software plays an important role in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Departments)
- HSMWorks (Software for machining from a solid model)
- Solid Edge (3D design and engineering software)
- SolidWorks (3D design, solid modeling and engineering drawing software)
- 7 Zip (Zip program to control large files)
Materials and tools sources
- MatWeb (Material properties reference)
Below are some of the typical resources used to obtain materials & tools needed during the manufacturing design and machining process.