A diamond tip stylus is in contact with the sample surface. The sample and sample stage are moved laterally as the tip translates vertically to measure vertical variations from <1 nm to 1 mm.
The lateral data resolution is dependent on probe size ( tip radius), scan duration, scan length, and the force applied.
- Max Scan length 55 mm
- 12.5 μm tip radius
- 0.03-15 mg variable stylus force
- Vertical repeatability = 4Å on 0.1 um step.
- Vertical range: 1 mm
- Max sample thickness: 50 mm / max sample diameter: 8"
- Profilometry tip touches the sample
- Sample may be damaged by profilometry
- Single line scan
- Surface imaging
|Cost for ASU Internal||Cost for ASU Internal with Staff Assistance||Cost for Other Academic/Non-Profit||Cost for Other Academic/Non-Profit with Staff Assistance|