Surface Probe Microscopy, SPM, consists of a family of modes which monitor the interaction between a very sharp tip and the sample surface to produce nanometer scale images in three dimensions.
Bruker MultiMode 8
- This versatile system can be used for a variety of studies involving Contact Mode (CM), Tapping Mode (TM), Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM), Conductive AFM (C-AFM), Force Modulation (FM), Lift Mode (LM), Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy, aka Surface Potential (KPFM), along with Peak Force Quantitative Nanomechanical Property Mapping (PF-QNM) and Nanoindentation.
* New ScanAsyst mode automatically adjusts imaging parameters to optimize your image.
- Scans up to 140 microns laterally (X and Y) and 5.5 microns vertically (Z)
- Stage accommodates samples up to 12 mm x 12 mm
- Nanoscope V controller for improved resolution using higher scan rates.
- Mechanical properties can also be studied using a diamond tip for Nanoindentation, Nanoscratching, Nanolithography and Nanomanipulation.
- All modes currently operate in ambient only.
- Modes provided include CM, TM, and MFM.
- Stage allows 133 mm of x-axis travel, 102 mm for y-axis accommodating samples up to 150 mm in diameter and 12 mm in thickness.
- Scans up to 100 microns laterally and 5.5 microns vertically
- Vibration Isolation chamber with an air-table provides vibrational, acoustic, and temperature isolation
- All modes operate in ambient only.
Qualification and Training
Students must be trained to use the SPMs in the facility. Appointments need to be made for training via iLab. Initiate a Service/Training Request in iLab through the GMSF Core. Training typically consists of 3-5 sessions. Session 1 consists of a short overview of the SPM, with complete instruction on how to obtain an image. Each session is usually 2-3 hours in length. Sessions are scheduled and confirmed through your iLab request. Once trained, student may use the lab 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the exception of training hours, certain tours, and classes.
Anthony Woolson Diana Convey
- Surface imaging
- File366.92 KB
- File682.13 KB
|Cost for ASU Internal||Cost for ASU Internal with Staff Assistance||Cost for Other Academic/Non-Profit||Cost for Other Academic/Non-Profit with Staff Assistance|