The Advanced Electronics and Photonics Core facility (AEP) is open to ASU students and faculty, and researchers from external institutions, as well as industry users.
AEP’s capabilities are multifaceted. For industry, AEP is a full-service foundry resource where processing is completed by on-site staff, or customers may participate in process development through scheduled use of equipment. AEP is also positioned as an educational resource, where students seeking hands-on experience can learn about process development and receive training on equipment.
The Safety and Usage Agreement for the AEP has recently changed. Please review it by clicking here. AEP Core does not allow entry into its labs unless there is an active iLab request for the time of entry. Unauthorized student use without a reservation will be billed at $40/hr for a minimum of 8 hours per violation.
To Schedule Equipment Training and Usage or to Request a Project
Equipment usage and training and project scheduling are now scheduled through iLab. Create an account by following the instructions on the iLab home page. Once you have an account, you can schedule equipment and training through the AEP Core iLab page.
To obtain building access
You need to secure building access in order to use the AEP facility and equipment. If you do not, facility personnel must escort you during facility visits, and you will be billed for staff labor.
- Complete ASU’s Fire safety and Lab safety courses. Visit ASU Environmental Health and Safety to take the courses.
- Complete the MacroTechnology Works Site Orientation. Contact Brian McNamara at 480-727-8956 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your orientation.
- Read the AEP Safety Handbook.
- Sign the AEP Safety and Usage Agreement form and send it to Mike Marrs at email@example.com.
- Fill out the ISAAC access form, scan it and send it to Mike Marrs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partnership with Lyft
AEP is located in the ASU Research Park off of the Loop 101 and Elliot Road in Tempe. To encourage visitors from the Tempe campus, ASU has partnered with Lyft to offer a credit for trips between Tempe campus and the MacroTechnology Works building. If you would be interested in participating in this program, email your cell phone number and the name of the faculty member that you work with to Kevin.Reinhart@asu.edu.